Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Anniversary is Fast Approaching!!!



13 years. I can't believe I've been married that long. Where does all the time go? So much has changed in our marriage since I was 19 standing on my front porch with a preacher, Frankie and my family watching. I was so young and didn't even realize. But I can honestly say that the relationship I have with my husband today is so much better and sweeter than 13 years ago. He is my true best friend and help mate. There's a lot of times I complete his thoughts and he completes mine and we just laugh. That verse in the bible about becoming one when you are married is so true because we are so much alike. I adore my husband. He is the love of my life. I couldn't ask for a better person to spend my life with. Has it always been this way? NO!!! I never understood the couples who say, "We never fight." I just don't get it. How can you not duke it out at least once a month, lol! It keeps you on your toes and builds a stronger relationship. But there are good ways and bad ways to fight, and I have done both.
When you fight the right way, you both recognize fault, seek to make the other feel better and always put God first. When we chose to fight the wrong way, things got a little crazy! Tires squealed, bags got packed, ugly words were said and not one mention of God was made. Nobody likes these fights except Satan. I'm thankful that as I get older I am learning how to fight better. God is also teaching me how to let Frankie lead and when I need to step back and let him do so.

As my anniversary approaches we have been planning a get away. We have debated and pondered on where to go, what to do, where to stay. Here's what I DO know: I have family keeping the kids for two nights. What we do after that doesn't matter because it will be just me and him, childfree for a glorious weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment