Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Full Steam Ahead!!!

It's official. I joined Weight Watchers a week ago and when I went back last night to the meeting, I had lost 5.8 pounds!!!! I was super excited! I have not told anyone in my family. Why, you say? Well, this is a routine I need to establish just for me, something I need to do for myself. I honest to goodness want to wait until someone notices that I have actually lost weight, then I can gleefully tell them my secret:)

It's important to me that I do this for myself. I don't even recognize myself anymore. Everything hurts, I have no energy and I am extremely overweight. I even worked at the YMCA for two years! I did not take advantage of the facility and was very much in denial about my weight. I was the heaviest person that worked in my department. Talk about humiliating. When the staff is so health conscious and I just did not care something is wrong! Well, maybe deep down I did, but I put on such a cool facade. Aren't we good at that? Put on a smile when inside we are crying? God has blessed and been so good to me and I am ashamed of how I have treated my body. I hope to correct that this year. The enemy wants me to fail. But I have something he doesn't. God. "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strenghtheneth me" With His help, I will succeed! Because I sure haven't been able to figure it out for myself, lol!!!

I hope in the next few weeks to start posting pictures. My digital camera is on the blitz and I will hopefully be able to buy a new one soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yea McKinsey!!! This is such a tough journey. . .I understand about not wanting to tell your family but when I had denied my weight for a long time I found that asking my small Bible study group to pray for me really helped. Please ask for prayer from your friends -- it really does help!!! And you didn't ask me, but I'm going to start NOW. You are on the right track -- you have a PLAN. And WW is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni! My mom figured it out, aren't mom's so good at that! So now everyone knows and I actually feel better about it! I have a long way to go, but I am relying on strength from the Lord, now more than ever! Thank you for praying for me, please continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete