Monday, January 25, 2010

Treasure a Friend!

I want to write today about a good friend that moved away recently. What a blessing she and her husband were to my family. They joined our church 3 or 4 years ago and we hit it off from the start! They didn't have any children at the time but now have a beautiful one year old. I know that God put them in our path for a reason. I have some great friends, but my husband and I wanted friends that we could hang and run around with. He answered a prayer with Melinda and Travis. Their families lived far away and we quickly became their extended family. With the economy in the dirt, we stopped eating out on Sunday's and they would come over to the house and eat with us. Since they lived 30 minutes from church and we lived 5 it just made sense to hang at our house.
What a great time we had for a few years! We would come home from church, eat, play games or watch a movie, play outside, take walks, eat some more and just enjoy each other's company. But all good things must come to an end. Travis got a job in another state and now we are long distance friends. If I need a prayer warrior, I know who to call. We will still visit and they will always be a part of our lives, but I miss them terribly.
Now on Sunday's, we come home, eat and take naps, or watch t.v., sometimes play games. We've been in a slump lately. Sometimes I slip in my room and read my Bible, pray or journal. If you have great christian friends, cherish each moment. I hope we were as much a blessing to them as they were to us. God has opened up some doors with some old friends that homeschool and has introduced new friends! I thank Him! He is so good to me. I will always miss my Sunday buddies and the memories we made, but God has a plan for both of us. I'm so thankful he is in control!

1 comment:

  1. Hey McKinsey, good to find you here!! Thanks for the link. Your friendship with them was one of God's gold treasures. . .I know, I've been there too, with the sisterhood then the separation. Friendship is a difficult thing and not something to take for granted! Melinda is a very special person.

    ReplyDelete