Monday, July 22, 2013

Crazy Days need extra planning!

It was a crazy day at my house.  My little boy came that I babysit and then I had to get a lunch packed for our home school co-op play date at the park.  I made the kids a sandwich then I had to think about my lunch.  Mine usually takes more prep because I am not eating bread.  I was so hungry this morning.  I tried a new recipe.  I made an orange creamsicle protein shake.  I used almond milk, ice, protein powder, stevia and 3 drops of orange essential oil.  It was yummy but I realized that I'm not a sweet eater for breakfast.  Two drops would have been enough. So I ate it and it was filling but  I really love some sausage and eggs or a muffin in a mug for breakfast.  I'm a true blue country gal! I ended up having some skinny chocolate and then later had some leftover devilled eggs for a snack (I know, weird right?)

Anyway back to my lunch.  I prepped beef salami, cheese, fresh cucumbers and peppers from the garden, strawberries and pecans.  I finished packing the kids lunch, filled water bottles, found raincoats, loaded the recyclables and out the door we went.  Then I realized I needed gas.  So after dropping off the plastic at the recycling center and getting gas, we were park bound.  It was a whirl wind day of group meeting, rounding up kids, feeding them, meeting some more, round up kids and then coming home. 

As soon as I got home, I sat down at the table to work on planning our new school year (which begins Monday), then hubby came home for 5 minutes and was back out the door to go to another job.  I then had to go pick up our weekly eggs, which again was rounding up the kids and heading out.  I drive 10 minutes to get 3 dozen eggs every week and they are the yummiest, best eggs ever!  You can't beat free range, organic eggs for 2.50 a dozen.  Worth every bit of effort.

After coming home, this was all I heard, "I'm starving, what's for supper?"  Thankfully I had thawed some deer tenderloin.  So I made my family some tenderloin, mashed potatoes, corn and sauteed zucchini in butter.  I ate tenderloin, zucchini and a small portion of mashed potatoes.  It had a been a long time since I've them and I had a yummy crossover meal with some ice cold milk. 

Shew!  I'm exhausted just typing all that out.  I'm glad everyday isn't like that or I'd be a basket case!  Now I'm off to watch a movie with hubby.  The kids are holed up in my room watching sleeping beauty.  Have a blessed week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment