Saturday, September 28, 2013

A busy season

I'm learning on this life journey that there are busy times and slow times.  This is a busy season in  my life.  I was looking forward to beginning a new school year at the first of August knowing that this forces me to slow down and not commit to so many outside activities and focus on educating my children.  Somehow, my brain did not get the memo and I am still going full force.  We went camping for a week in August, I started working part time in the evenings, my sister got married, of which I was in charge of decorating, my husband has been so busy that we've not had a date night in months, I am one of the leaders at our homeschool co-op which meets weekly and I am teaching 3 classes that I have to prepare for each week.

I need a vacation.

Oh wait, I am going to Disney World in February, does that count?

Where does this leave me on my diet?  I'm still plugging along with Trim Healthy Mama 85% of the time.  I am exercising regularly and am happy about that, but I'm ready to focus on losing more weight.  My periods are starting to be more regular, thanks to vitex and I haven't had any endo flare ups in a while.  That is worth sticking to gluten free and sugar free as much as I can. 

Getting a part time job was necessary right now for financial reasons and to help save for our Disney trip.  It has been hard to maneuver because I don't get to see my husband in the evenings and we don't get to sit down to dinner together so I don't know how long I will work as right now my husband isn't happy.  I told him I wanted to work until we go on vacation.  We will see.  Mommas roles are so important to a healthy balance in the house.  I don't know how families have two working parents, kids in school and do sports and clubs.  I cherish my time with my family and I know everyone is different.  I'm just so thankful I can stay home and be with my family as much as I am. 

 I know that seasons come and go, this isn't forever and all will be well soon!  God has been so good to me, blessed me with beautiful children and a wonderful husband.  It's all good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment