Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sugar Detox stinks!

As I am reading my THM book and trying out new recipes, I am also detoxing off of sugar.  It is HARD! I want a stinking doughnut, sweet tea, anything!  Yesterday, my husband left part of his lunch at home.  I had made a homemade chocolate cake with butter cream chocolate icing on Monday for my nephew's birthday.  I had some batter left over and made these cute little cupcakes for my dh's lunch.  Wouldn't you know, he left them at home on the morning I decide to plunge straight into the THM lifestyle.  UGH!  Satan was trying to throw me a big curve ball!

Well guess what?  I WON!  I did not have any of those cupcakes.  Instead I ate some leftover meatloaf for breakfast (can you tell I need groceries!).  It was satisfying and I managed to ignore them for the rest of the day.  VICTORY!!! 

For supper I had a yummy  Satisfying meal.  I sauteed onions in butter until caramelized, added mushrooms and cooked them down, added a little bit of chicken stock and finished it off with heavy cream.  I had grilled some deer burgers and poured this over the top of mine.  Oh my, so good!  I had made my family Parmesan potatoes and we all had steamed broccoli tossed with butter and Parmesan.  It was a yummy S meal and I loved every bite!

Now just to get over the sugar blahs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment