Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Date nights derail me!

So Saturday night my lovely parents kept all the grand-kids for an overnight stay, so my husband and I planned a date night.  I was so high from losing 2 lbs that week and I had been so good for so long that I decided to have a cheat meal.  BAD IDEA!  We went to a steakhouse and I already knew I was going to have a crossover meal with steak, veggies, salad and bread with butter.  I was fine with this decision.  After supper, we did some shopping and then my husband wanted to go to his favorite donut shop.  It's a local shop with cute retro stools to sit on and order some great donuts.  We don't go here often and I hated to deny him.   I knew I couldn't stand the temptation of going in to eat so we went through the drive-thru to get him some donuts.

Why didn't I listen to that inner voice that said, "McKinsey, you know that the minute you get home, you are going to have some of those donuts with a big glass of milk."  Of course I told my head that I am STRONG, I've had a great week, I've lost weight and I WILL NOT eat them.

I'm sorry to say I lost the battle with my head.  I DID eat those donuts that night.  And the next morning too.  Which then set me into a pattern of 2/3 on plan, 1/3 off for the next 4 days.  UGH!  I feel achy, puffy and bloated.  It's not that I'm worried that I have gained weight, cause I know once I get back on track, in two days I will be fine.  It's that I allowed those old patterns to emerge.  In thinking that I am strong enough to withstand these temptations,  I took my eyes off my goals.  That has cost me 5 days.  Which does more to hurt me mentally than physically.  I have such a looooong way to go that 5 days is a lot of time to be wishy washy.  I'm starting a fuel cycle in two days.  I have two days to get my act together and prepare.  Doing this with a great group of ladies has helped so much. 

I will continue to fight this war, but the battle is kicking my tail at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment