Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Plan of action

I am absolutely in love with the Trim Healthy Mama plan!  I love eating gluten free and sugar free.  But let me be honest here for a minute.   Although I am glad for the 22 lbs I have lost in 4 months, I do know it could have been better.  I'll tell you why:  I haven't been 100% committed to the plan.  There have been weeks where I had two days where I ate awful.  I have always been able to get back on track but I feel yucky in the process.

Just tonight, I made myself a bowl of Edy's ice cream.  We had pizza last night (Little Caesars, gasp), and of course the kids wanted ice cream to go with it too.  So not only did I have ice cream last night with very carb heavy pizza, I also ate some more of it today. 

I know what you are thinking, "Why so hard on yourself mama?"  Well, here's the thing.  I'm on to something here.  I have found a way to eat that my body likes, I am losing weight and feeling good when I have my act together.  Being the idiot that I can sometimes be,  I don't want to mess that up.  See, I have lost weight before.  In fact, I have lost weight many times.  But I ALWAYS give up when the going gets tough.  It's different this time.  My mindset is different and I just feel different.  I'm READY this time to be healthy.  I'm READY to not be a plus sized adult. 

But I also know that if I continue with these little mishaps and excuses ("oh, a little pizza won't kill ya kinsey"), that I will lose momentum, interest and focus and be right back at the weight I was at Christmas.  So I need a plan.  A plan of action!

Tomorrow, I'm going to have my husband measure me.  I know, "eeeeeeek" right?  But I know I will be more accountable to myself if my hubby is measuring.  I will also step on the scale in front of him and record my weight.  I will give myself one month to be 100% dedicated to the THM plan.  No deviations!  If I miss dinners, parties, etc to stay on plan, so be it.  I owe it to myself to try. 

I will also come up with a plan to exercise.  See, I've been able to lose this weight by not doing much in the exercise department.  Wonder how I will do if I actually step it up a notch.  I think my main plan of activity will be walking, gardening, chasing toddlers I babysit, kettlebells and hand weights.  I think it's sufficient for me.  I am curious to see how I do and what I learn in this month long journey.  I know I have lots of months left before I reach a goal weight, but I want to commit to one solid on plan month for now!  I will record my progress each week and give final results at the end of the month, which will end two days before my 16th wedding anniversary!

Have a blessed week mamas!

1 comment: