Monday, April 8, 2013

Protecting their innocence

Today I was visiting an online site for moms and a lady was talking about having a conversation with an 11 year old that had come to her daughters sleepover.  This young lady was talking with the mom about seeing the movie Magic Mike.  I was flabbergasted as was the mom who was posting about it.  If you don't know what the movie is about, I haven't seen it but do know it's about male strippers, includes sexual scenes, nudity, cussing, etc.  I wouldn't even watch it and can't imagine an 11 year old talking about it nonchalantly.  This really disturbed me.  My daughter is 10 and 1/2.  I cherish her innocence.  She loves barbies, American girl, knitting, rollerblading, nature, etc.  I can not imagine her being exposed to such filth.  It makes me sick to my stomach that parents would let their kids watch whatever they want.

 Some say I shelter my kids too much.  I worry sometimes that I do too.  But then I think, "I answer only to God."  If we are on our knees putting our concerns in the Master's hands and He is in control of our lives, who has a right to judge my actions?  I want my kids to be aware of the world but not be part of the world.  I want to equip them with the right tools for success and a happy God filled life but I don't have to let them watch filth to accomplish that goal.  See I have these little treasures that God gave me.  I did not carry them in my womb, another lady did.  I was not there when they were born, another lady was.  I didn't get to be there when they crawled or even began to walk, another lady did.  But when he placed these two amazing kids in my arms to be their forever momma, I made a vow.  I would do my best to be the best for them, raise them right, love them always and one day see them give their hearts to Jesus.  My ultimate goal as a momma is to be with my family in Heaven!  To hear the words, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant."






No comments:

Post a Comment