Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lovin these summer evenings

I'm so happy for this sunny, warm week!  It's a much needed breath of fresh air after this crazy rainy month!  We've been staying outside for long periods of time and very late in the evenings.  The kids are content to ride bikes, wrestle, play tag, help us in the yard while Frankie and I work in our garden, mow, plant flowers and sit on the porch.  I LOVE summer!

One thing I really love about summer is grilling.  I can't wait to grill chicken, steak, burgers, veggies, potatoes, peaches, pizza, tomatoes, pork chops and lots more yummy food :)

My THM journey is at a stall.  I have to admit to too many slip ups but I have a plan to get back on plan.  I ordered TTapp, which is a quick efficient exercise program that I am hoping will help me lose inches.  I measured myself today and will do so once a week for four weeks to see how I do.  I'm also putting my scale away for a month.  I don't need the mental anguish it brings me.  Does it really matter that I know I have 70+ lbs to lose?  I want my clothes to be an indicator of my success.  Also with church camp coming up in two weeks, it's pointless to weigh before or after.  It's a week of junk food.  I will do the best I can and bring things but I know it will be hard to be 100% committed.  So I'm going to allow myself some grace!  After church camp will be a complete detox week to get myself back on track. 

It's all good.  I am on a journey and recognizing that there will be periods that will be harder than other times is what will make my journey successful!

Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment