Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rain

Childhood innocence is a beautiful thing.  It has been raining like crazy for the past few weeks and frankly, I am sick of it.  I can't get my vegetables planted because the ground is just muck.  So today it decided to rain again (big shocker there).  We were all standing in the garage watching it start to sprinkle.  I told the kids they could ride their bikes as long as it just rained and didn't thunder or lighting.  They hesitantly rode out on the driveway, giggling and hunching down as the onslaught of rain grew stronger.  As they rode and realized this was fun, the bike paddles went faster.  They eventually abandoned the bikes and decided to just run through the grass and puddles.  The pure joy and laughter was such a blessing to see.  They ran, zigzagged, lunged, jumped, shrieked, screamed, laughed and had a blast.  At one point Lexie just stood with her arms outstretched with her face to the sky totally absorbed in the moment.  It was a precious thing to witness.  I realized that at one time in my life, I was that same little girl with my face turned to heaven as the water ran down my face as I reveled in a rainstorm.  It was a full circle moment.  After that, I was immediately thankful for the rain and the happiness it brought my children.  Our heavenly Father knows exactly what we need.  It's the simple things that matter the most in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment