Monday, February 25, 2013

Momentum

I have a dream.  It's actually a life-long dream.  I want to one day run a 1/2 marathon.  I am by no means a runner.  I don't even jog.  The thing I do would be called a wog, which is half fast walk/shuffle jog!  It's quite embarrassing but it is what it is I guess.  Anyway, back to my dream.

Here's my vision.  It's a cool brisk morning as I get up in anticipation of race day.  I have breakfast, put on my race gear, warm my body up and head to the start.  I'm in a crowd of huge proportions.  See, if I ever make it to a race like this I want to get lost in a big crowd.  I want to just be "one" of the racers.  I feel the excitement of the moment.  People are chattering all around me.  Time stops for a second as I breathe in.  Then the sound of the horn.  Slowly people start running.  I join the throng.  As I move one foot in front of the other, I start to find a rhythm.  My muscles are getting warmed up and I am feeling good. 

Sounds like a good dream doesn't it?  I was raised to believe in dreams.  My parents taught me the value of hope.  Without it, we have nothing to live for.  What a sad state I would be in with out it.  In order to make my dreams a reality, I have to fight for my health.  Every. Single. Day.  I had a lot of momentum when I started my Trim Healthy Mama plan around Christmas.  I was on fire, loving the book, trying lots of recipes and having measurable success, feeling just like I would imagine feeling if I ever make it to that marathon.  Towards the end of January I got stuck.  Stuck at the same weight now for a month.  I have no one to blame but myself.  I feel like I am right in the middle of this race.  I am warmed up and have settled in, but now is where the true work begins.  Some things I have pondered on recently:

There is always going to be church dinner on Wednesday nights to deal with.  And the food is hardly ever low carb, gluten or sugar free.  It's up to me to fix something to bring for myself, instead of caving and living with the guilt.

There is always going to be family get-togethers where my mama thinks white flour and lard solves world problems.  It's up to me to bring something to share with everyone.

There is always going to be unexpected trips into town that turn into four hour trips with starving, whining children.  It's up to me to not stop at a drive through and have pre-planned snacks so I can just grab them and go.

Date nights are wonderful and dessert with my love should never be a guilt trip.  Practicing grace and forgiving myself are steps in the right direction.

You see, I am in a race right now.  A race I should have run years ago to reclaim my health.  Instead, I have let Satan whisper in my ear, "What's the use?"  "Go ahead, one more doughnut won't hurt you."  "You can't have children anyway, so why do you need to lose weight."  

Thank goodness for a loving Savior who despite all my shortcomings, loves me anyway.  I am worth the fight.  I deserve a healthy, strong body.  I deserve to run that race if I so choose to.  It's time I start acting like I deserve it!  So there, now that I have gotten that off my chest, here's what I had today to eat.

B:  apple cinnamon greek yogurt with smidgeon of walnuts- E
Sn: turkey roll-ups - FP
L: creamy cream-less angel hair cabbage and broccoli with 3 oz chicken breast- FP
Sn: lemon mousse pudding with squirt of ready whip
D:  Zuppa Toscano soup minus the potatoes, extra kale -S
Desert will probably be more lemon mousse, I love that stuff!

Have a blessed week!

4 comments:

  1. 1 Corinthians 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly(KJV). The NASB says: Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim.

    You are aimed in the right direction, your compass points due North! With God's help you can do ALL things! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this blog post Kinsey! I have faith in you, you can achieve your goal! Wog is better than not moving! So glad you found your "groove" and have something that's working for you. It's a journey, some days we make bad choices and bad decisions its how we react to them that counts the most. Keep your head up be strong and keep moving! So proud of you!
    I'm still plugging along on my journey too, set some more goals and with the Lords help hope to reach them!

    ReplyDelete