Friday, February 1, 2013

Weekend Getaway

We planned a weekend getaway with the kids. We came to a fun place in Tennessee called pigeon forge. It's a touristy town but we love to come whenever we get a chance. We got a great room rate (45 a night) at a hotel that is independently owned. It has an indoor pool and free breakfast. A great thing with two young kids who eat a ton of food. Not so good for a trim healthy mama! The free breakfast consists of: biscuit, gravy, toast, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, muffins and all the juice, milk and coffee you can drink. What's a mama to do? Knowing that I had a mini fridge and microwave in my room, I packed some stuff to bring that is THM friendly. I brought some light white muffins with blueberries, homemade spicy pepperoni and raw cheese, nuts, Greek yogurt with all fruit jelly, peanut butter/apples, earthmilk, skinny chocolate, gluten free crackers/laughing cow cheese wedges, hardboiled eggs, heavy cream for coffee, just like Campbell's tomato soup, tons of water and a few other things. It's a S heavy menu but it's better than nothing. Here's some pics:







I will say that we took the kids to a dinner show and I did plan it for a cheat meal. We ate pork tenderloin, chicken, rolls, cranberry dressing, green beans, mac and cheese and berry cobbler for dessert. I ate it all except the cobbler. It was extremely sweet and thick. I didn't care for it at all. But the meal was delicious and I ate it guilt free. We took the kids swimming when we got back so I did get some cardio in! I was starving this morning so I enjoyed some muffins with coffee. I'm going to do my best for the rest of the day and tomorrow. I don't expect a loss but will be happy with no gain either. I'm learning its all about balance, plan as much as you can and just enjoy living!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job. We did our honey moon in Pigeon Forge and loved it! Hope we can go back soon. Hope you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! Enjoy your trip!! =)

    ReplyDelete