Monday, February 11, 2013

Settling in for a long haul

In my last post, I was really overwhelmed at some decisions I needed to make and some bad choices I had made food wise.  So here's what I can tell you:  I am still undecided about working and I have made lots of bad choices this past weekend food-wise.  Here's what I am going to do about it.

The decision to work is one that I know I need to make, but one that I really dread.  I want to be like a toddler and throw myself in the floor and scream and cry and beg God to give me what I want.  But that's my flesh talking and I just need to put my big girl panties on and deal with it.  How loving my God is to me.  Just yesterday when I was sitting in church and everyone was worshipping and praising the Lord, I was met with such peace in my heart that everything was going to be ok.  The bible says, "he careth for thee."  How I love my Savior!  I will probably get a job.  It will probably be in the evenings.  I'll miss out on some stuff.  I have a wonderful husband that will fill in.  Maybe the kids will appreciate me more :)  It will be OK!  I think I have been so resistant to change because the unknown is scary and I am very comfortable in my role as homemaker.  But I had a career at one time (eons ago it seems).  I can do it!  I'm not looking for a career at this time, but helping my hard working husband pay some bills is something  I can do. 

Moving on.

Let's get to the nitty gritty of my eating plan.  I absolutely love eating the Trim Healthy Mama way!  I know it is best for me.  The thing I have to figure out and I will, is that when I have other things come up suddenly that I'm not prepared for (like two birthday parties within 3 hours of each other), it's very hard to stay on track.  The two birthday parties I attended this weekend had NOTHING at all that was THM friendly.  I wasn't at home all day so I couldn't prepare ahead of time.  Failure to plan is a plan to fail.  I ate cake and white bread (eeeek!).  Sunday I felt yucky and completely forgot to eat breakfast.  My husband was sick so between caring for him, getting me and the kids ready and barely getting to church before it started, I realized I had only had coffee for breakfast!  I think I ate about six pieces of gum during service lol!  I was so hungry.  Thankfully I had put on a boston butt in the crock pot late Saturday night so came home and shredded it for BBQ.  I was hungry with in an hour of eating.  I think I snacked all day long and was still hungry when I went to bed.  Lesson learned:  Always eat breakfast!  It sets up the rest of your day. 

My exercise has been blah this past week.  I started out strong and did kettle bells on Monday, but honestly I was so sore for 4 days that I have been hesitant to do them again.  It's going to be 54 tomorrow, I think the kids and I will go for a nice long nature walk.  I liked doing the kettle bells, but maybe I am doing too much or am not quite ready for them.  Nothing should make you that sore.  Unless it's the SPEW workout.  After living through that one, I'm not anxious to revisit! 

I pray that your week is blessed and that you find comfort in the Comforter!

No comments:

Post a Comment