Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One step forward, two steps back

Hormones=The Devil

So, I haven't had a period in four months.  Yes, you read that right, four months.  It is extremely annoying.  My body is so out of whack and I don't know what is going on with it.  I just knew that when I started eating better on the Trim Healthy Mama way, that I would get my period.  I don't eat sugar, I don't eat wheat.  I DON'T GET IT! 

What's even worse is that when I go through these spells, I have to take a pregnancy test to make sure I'm not pregnant before I think about taking something to induce a period. But I don't want to rely on synthetic, dangerous medications to make my body have a cycle.

Can I just say, UGH!!  How did a stupid little piece of plastic have the ability to reduce me to a squalling mess?  Of course it's always negative.  But I digress.

  I'm just fumbuzzled about my period or lack of.  I have pcos, endometriosis and I rarely go without a period.  I am the queen of 3,4,7 week periods.  I've had blood transfusions I've lost so much blood.  I've had to have a d&c because my lining was so thick (and that was after bleeding for 60 days).  So to go without is so confusing to me.

Until... I read the chapters on hormones.  Wow!  There is a wealth of information in those chapters.  Pearl did an amazing job of explaining my hormones to me.  I learned a lot about hormones when I went to the fertility doctors but I was so focused on getting pregnant, I never really listened to what they were saying.  Now I'm ready to listen.  And Pearl has made me stop, take notes and research. 

My husband is self-employed.  We have no health insurance, so it was great to learn I can get my hormones checked by an independent facility!  I'm saving my money as we speak.  I want a full hormone work-up.  I am ready to reclaim my health. 

I think I have estrogen dominance in my body.  I have several of the symptoms.  I ordered some progesterone cream to counter balance my excess estrogen.  Of course I don't know this for sure, but getting a blood work-up is not possible right now.  So I have been reading and writing and researching all day!  I feel excited and hopeful that I can finally figure out what is off in my body and fix it.  I have also made a list of supplements to start taking and will slowly add them to my diet as my budget allows. 

Tonight I take my first magnesium supplements ever.  I would like to get the magnesium oil, but will settle for the cheap stuff.  I'm also starting Vitamin C.  It's a start and any start is better than none. 

I feel ashamed that I have waited 35 years to really try and take care of my body.  God has blessed me so much and I have wasted years filling it full of junk, gaining weight and being obese, not exercising and basically not caring!  I'm so thankful that God's mercies are new every day.  Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

  1. It just excites me to see you learning so much about your body! Thank you, Lord, indeed!!

    PS: I LOVE your new design. So cute!

    ReplyDelete