Friday, January 11, 2013

A visit with a good friend.

Wrapping up this Christmas week has been fun and exhausting!  We've had dinners to go to, tons of cleaning to do, decorations to put away and meals to make.  I was especially excited when a dear sweet friend invited me over today to cook me lunch and just chat.  But I was also nervous since I've been eating a more grain free, gluten free, sugar free diet because anytime I have ever been to her house I can be guaranteed a delicious meal that can sometimes have more carbs than I am trying to eat right now.  She made me soup today.  It was white chicken chili with cannelloni beans, corn, carrots, chicken, cream, stock, seasonings, etc.  It was very delicious but full of carb heavy veggies!  I ate two bowls anyway.  Sometimes you just do the best you can do with what you are given.  The fact that a yummy meal was provided for me and I didn't have to cook or clean was worth it!  Plus the company was great.  I got right back on track with the next meal.


I have yet to weigh to see if I have lost any weight.  I don't want to get obsessive about it, I don't even want to weigh every week so I'm thinking every month will be enough for me.  I have a lot of weight to lose, but I am feeling great eating this way and I know it is so good for me.  The weight will come off eventually.

The up side was that I made a couple of yummy deserts today.  I tried the ginger snap cookie recipe in the THM book and made some fresh whipped cream to go with it.  I could eat this all day and my husband and kids loved it!  So that was a winner. 



Can you guess what this is?

2 comments:

  1. I know - The icecream from THM. Sorry - I followed your link from the forum. It looks great. Let us know how it tasted.
    And BTW - your kids are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Becky! I adore my babies:)

    ReplyDelete