Monday, January 28, 2013

Results are in!

I have to say that I'm glad to have done the fuel cycle week with a group of amazing ladies.  What an encouragement they were, each cheering on the other with no motives and no competition.  It's refreshing to say the least!  I was so glad to have cream in my coffee this morning.  Oh cream, how I love thee...!
I actually did nothing physically to boost my weight loss efforts this week.  I honestly did not exercise one.single.day.  But I'm not proud of that fact.  I have made it a mission to get three days this week of some kind of exercise.  Here are some things I learned this week about eating the Trim Healthy Mama way.

1. I'm more fully aware of the styles of the plan.  What a true S (satisfying) meal is, E (energizing) and FP (fuel pull).  I know how to do the plan to make it successful for me.
2. I was eating way too much cheese!  I didn't realize how much cheese, cream cheese and cream I was eating.  Of course it is allowed but making my S meals so heavy probably contributed to my having so much trouble in the bathroom area.  I know, TMI!  Moving on.
3.I'm learning to listen to my body.  Am I truly hungry? Thirsty? Tired?  I had true hunger this week and it wasn't a bad thing.  True belly growling hunger.  Sometimes by eating so many S meals before, I was always satisfied and never got to feel true hunger.  Now I know to scale back my S meals and let my body get hungry.
4.I'm now ready to move on to the supplement area of the book.  I am not the type of person that can jump head first into a diet and just rearrange my life and do everything the book says to do all at once.  Talk about major burnout fast!  I view THM differently.  It is not a diet, in my opinion, but a way to eat forever.  I knew I had to get the eating down pat before I tackled exercise and supplements.  I am now ready to embrace both.
5. This book was an answer to many years of praying to God to help me shed this weight once and for all, but to also to reclaim my health.  I thank Him for answering my prayers.  I am ashamed to say that I have neglected my devotion time with God lately.  I had so immersed myself in the THM way that it was consuming my thoughts and actions.  It's not a bad thing to immerse in this exciting new way.  But it is bad when I neglect the One who answered my prayer about this exciting new way lol!  A little perspective is what I needed and I got that at church yesterday.  God is so good and His mercy endureth forever!

I am fearfully and wonderfully made, says the Lord.

I've learned much this week and when I woke this morning I was ready to step on that scale and see my results.

4.6 lbs!  Awesome results if you ask me :)  Thank you Lord!!!


This is me and my family at Christmas.  I am now 16.6 lbs less.  When I reach 30 lbs loss, I'll post a new picture.

2 comments:

  1. I am doing a happy dance for you! Yay! I am going to start excersizing this week too. I am a 1 thing at a time person too. Seeing how everyone did makes me not so nervous for when I get to a FP week. Maybe I will be ready for the next round. So excited for you. What a great reward this morning for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I am SO excited for you! You learned some great things during your fuel cycle. :)

    ReplyDelete