Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's a Fuel Pull day

Today is day four of my fuel cycle week.  It's been an interesting week so far.  I'm really glad I did it but am definitely noticing a difference in my energy level today compared to yesterday.  Yesterday was all about healthy fats and today is about high nutrition with very little fat or carbs.  This morning I made an egg white omelet with 1 tsp. coconut oil, turkey deli meat and a tiny bit of raw cheddar.  I then had my coffee with a little almond milk instead of cream.  All I can say is, GROSS!  I didn't care for the omelet and I did NOT like my coffee with almond milk.  After breakfast I was cleaning the kitchen and getting the kids started on their schoolwork and it hit me.  I got woozy, weak and light headed.  My body was not happy with the food I gave it, so I made a big boy smoothie and sipped on it for the next hour.

I knew that I was going to my sisters for lunch, so I packed up what I needed to make fotato soup and out the door I went.  I made the soup at my sisters, with a bit of chicken and turkey bacon bits in it for lunch and it was very yummy!  I had to go to town and get a few things at the store.  At this point it had been 2 hours since lunch and I started to get a little woozy at the grocery store.  It really hit home that this is why I have hated diets my whole life, that feeling of deprivation is awful.  But I know that these two days will be over so quick and it's good for my body to cleanse.  When I got home, I ate some greek yogurt with fruit jam on top.  That was super good! And I also drank a big glass of earth milk.  This second batch is better than the first. 

For supper, I am going to attempt the Asian stir fry recipe with konjac noodles.  I hope I can  make it a success! 

Here's a snack I made this morning and they are smack your momma good if I do say so myself:

Mouth Watering Meringues
I love how they just melt and crunch in your mouth.  SO.MUCH.FUN!



No comments:

Post a Comment