Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Spew session

So yesterday on facebook one of the authors of the book I am reading challenged us to do an exercise session from the book.  They call it SPEW.  I accepted the challenge and agreed to do it this morning.   When I woke up, I made some easy peazy cinnamon muffins, had my coffee going and went into the bedroom to begin.  It's an 8 minute session involving 20 squats, 20 lunges, 20 jump lunges and finish with 20 jump squats.  I thought it would be challenging but never thought I would want to die by the end of it!  Here's the rundown:

20 squats: I was able to do these just fine, breath was elevated and heart pumping good by the end.  I then go into the lunges.  Now they want you to lunge forward and almost touch the floor with your knee that is behind you.  Being a plus sized mama, that was NOT going to happen if I wanted to get back up off the floor!  So I did the best I could and went as low as I could.  By lunge 17 I was so winded but managed to get through.  Now for the jump lunges.  Same as a lunge but you are supposed to jump and switch legs real quick in between.  At this point while I am doing them, I am begging for the Lord to return and take me home.  By jump lunge 15 my legs said, "ENOUGH"!  I couldn't finish them.  So I moved on the to jump squat.  You are supposed to squat and then jump as high as you can.  Um...does high bouncing count?  Cause I'm pretty sure my feet never left the floor, I was THAT exhausted. When I finished I was extremely winded and wore smack dab out!  I took a shower and as the day has went on, I am realizing that I am sore!

I was feeling pretty accomplished until I read that you are supposed to repeat the session after resting for several minutes! WHAT!!! Say it ain't so!

Grrr...Well, it's not going to happen today and I will definitely have to build up to that in the future but I'm still proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. OH! I am only laughing at your wish that the Lord Jesus would come and take you home because that's EXACTLY how I felt!

    BE proud! That was one tough workout!

    ReplyDelete