Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday Menu

My husband had to work today, which is unusual for him since he is self-employed.  I love having Saturdays with my whole family and miss him terribly when he is gone.  But he took our son with him this morning leaving my daughter and me to have a lazy Saturday.  It's nice occasionally to have nothing planned and just have an easy day.  I did get terribly bored and lonely though!  My daughter and I got some exercise from the wii, I cooked us breakfast, did a little laundry and read some more of my Trim Healthy Mama book.  I have read it once through already but am now going back and taking notes.  It has so much information in it that I am sure I missed something.

I am enjoying learning new things and getting on a better path to health.  I feel better, am sleeping better (when I don't overdo the chocolate treats!), and have more energy.  I am starting to think I definitely need supplements because I feel very emotional and weepy lately.  I tend to get this way this time of year anyway from being cooped up in the house more and I always struggle this time of year with my infertility.  So I am going to reread the chapter on supplements and make me a list.  I don't like being weepy mama.  Or depressed mama.  God has been too good to me and I want to be an encouraging mama.

I am still a little sore from the SPEW session Wednesday and have decided I will not do it again until I have dropped some weight.  My knees can't take it right now.  So walking, hiking, wii exercise and light weights will have to do for now. 

So my menu plan for today is:

B- Chocolate cake for purists, coffee with heavy cream- S

L- Chicken Salad with 1/4 of an apple chopped up in it on a lettuce bed- S + S helper

D- Cheeseburger Pie, side salad- S

Snack- Big boy smoothie- FP

Exercise, Wii Just dance for 20 minutes, went for a 20 minute walk with daughter while she rode bike beside me.

This was lunch! Yummy


My sweet daughter playing dress-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment