Saturday, January 19, 2013

Temptation right and left

This post is going to be about temptation. It's everywhere! The other night I really, really wanted some good ole salty chips. I thought about them for hours. I didn't give in and had an apple with a little peanut butter instead. I'm trying to learn new habits and that takes a lot of work. I'm nearing my 6 week mark of eating the trim healthy mama way and it seems that every day this week I have been tempted in one way or another.

This morning my husband took the kids with him, thus leaving me to have a leisure day. Because I didn't have my crew to cook for, I got up and made my coffee, turned around and saw it. A big jar of homemade chocolate chip cookies. My husband forgot to take them with him and they just beckoned me to them. Before I knew what I was doing, I had three of them eaten with my coffee. They were delish! I almost let myself get in a bad spot mentally and really beat myself up but I refused. It is what it is. I am still on a path to be a trim healthy mama. I did better for the rest of the day but did have a few more tonight. I know that tomorrow I will have a yummy breakfast of bacon and eggs and be back on track. I know that next week I will do the fuel cycle with a group of ladies and hopefully lose a few more pounds. I know that I will continue on this track until I get this weight off me once and for all.

I'm going to mess up, this I know to be true. But for the first time in my life, it doesn't terrify me to mess up. It's life. Life is messy and complicated and beautiful and worth living well. I will get there. One day at a time!

Oh and I did lose a pound this week so I'm down 12 now. Have a blessed weekend!

My sweet son and me this fall.

1 comment:

  1. I had that kind of week too. Glad your still seeing your wieght come now. Glad you got to have a liesurely day. My wonderful husband took my 20 month old with him to the store while I napped with the baby. It was great. So quiet and refreshing. I won't be doing the Fuel Cycle week because Ariella isn't quite old enough yet and I haven't been on plan long enough to be successful at it, in my opinion. I will sure be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete